Under most conditions, using the Upload control to open a file dialog is acceptable. However, your user interface requirements or design may be better suited to a file dialog being presented as the result of other client-side events or actions. The OpenFileDialog control allows you to create a non-visual control that can trigger a file dialog and be attached to any WebControl on the form by specifying the control (ClientTriggerElement) and the event (ClientTriggerEvent) that will act as a trigger. Features include:
- Works with UploadManager and ProgressPanel controls but without requiring a visual interface of its own.
- Can be activated by any client event of another web server control (Button, ImageButton, DropDownList, etc.)
- No postback required - fully AJAX enabled!
- Simple drag and drop implementation
- Complete C#, and VB.NET samples included
- Integrates with all versions of Visual Studio including Visual Web Developer 2005
See all controls included in PowerWEB File Upload for ASP.NET.